Saturday, September 1, 2012

(19) Idaho

Capitol: Boise

For some reason I decided to bead Idaho 19th. Idaho may be one of the few states I have never been to. Looks like there is a road trip in my future!

I did a little research, and learned that Idaho's nickname is the "Gem State", because nearly every known type of gemstone has been found there. Cool. Additionally, Idaho is sometimes called the "Potato State", owing to its popular crop. Armed with these facts, and the fact that this is the 60th anniversary of Mr. PotatoHead, I tried to come up with a cool design involving Mr. PotatoHead and gems. No luck. Mr PotatoHead turned out to be too difficult in this scale. Darn. So I decide to run with the whole "Gem State" thing.

A little more research led me to "Gemstones from Heaven". I found the following info: "Terry Clark of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho claims that he witnessed gemstone's falling into his yard from heaven. In addition, Terry claimed that on several occasions he received gems as the result of angelic visitation. His church, The Gateway Fellowship of Coeur d'Alene Idaho, has identified this particular angel as "Emma" and noted that she is associated with prosperity." Wow. Gemstones and angels!!! Decided not to use this, but still found it worth sharing.

I decided the best way to pay tribute to the "Gem State" was to cover it with various gemstones. I like it. Hope you do.

No comments: