Saturday, September 1, 2012

(20) Ohio

Capitol: Columbus

Ohio currently holds a special place in my heart because of my dad's heart. A few years ago it was determined that dad needed heart surgery. We checked with the local hospitals in Rochester, NY, and their success rate with this surgery and a man of my fathers age was about 70%. Checked with the Cleveland Clinic, 96%. Decision made. Off to Cleveland.

I spent 10 days in Cleveland, most of it in my dad's hospital room at the Cleveland Clinic. What an amazing place. Everyone from the doctors down to the people who cleaned the bathroom were wonderful. Our experience at that place was phenomenal. If I ever need heart surgery, off to Cleveland. Nuff said.

Again, size posed a challenge. I decided to go with the Cleveland Clinic logo. Research led me to the following info: The old logo of the Cleveland Clinic was developed in 1984 and was a gold square sitting atop of four green squares. Each square represents one of the Clinics four founders. The four squares also represent each of the major areas of the Foundation: Inpatient care, Outpatient care, Research, and Education.

The new logo is a white square sitting atop of four blue and green squares. In addition, the hospital changed its name from "Cleveland Clinic Foundation" to the shorter "Cleveland Clinic".

No information on why the colors of the squares changed.

The dot close to the center is not part of the logo, it is the capitol of Ohio, Columbus.

No comments: