Monday, September 10, 2012

(21) Connecticut

Capitol: Hartford

As this project progresses the ideas get harder and harder. I decided to knock out some of the small states, just to up my numbers. Researched a bunch of states, and settled on Connecticut.

I spent a weekend in CT once, visiting my college sweetheart's family. Had a nice time. I remember it looking a lot like NY. I think we went to see a Jai Alai match? Needless to say, not much to work with... and then there is the size! So, more research.

Did you know that PEZ Candy headquarters is in Orange, CT. I LOVE PEZ! I remember trying to stuff those little rectangle candies in a dispenser, it seemed to take forever. Then it took about 30 seconds to eat them all! The wrapper around the candies when I was little was red, yellow and orange striped, soooo... now my CT pin is a package of PEZ candies! YUM!

4 comments:

Terri Morse said...

Hi Laurie! I just popped over from Mary Nasser's blog. Wow! I'm really impressed with your beading. This is a wonderful project. My husband and I have traveled throughout the US on many cross country camping trips and it is amazing how each state has it's own "personality". I particularly love your Wyoming and Arizona pins. Our latest trip was to Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. I was in Connecticut with my sister a few years ago. We went to Mystic Seaport which is also home to the famed pizza shop from the movie, Mystic Pizza. I'm with you though, I love Pez, especially the way they smell! -Terri

Terri Morse said...

Hi Laurie. I just noticed something - the pin with the bear is Montana, not Wyoming! Terri

Elderberry-Rob said...

Just heard about you on Mary Nasser's blog - what a fabulous project, something really special.

Viola said...

How fun to see you're making pins of each state! I'm impressed! Lovely pins! :)