Friday, December 21, 2012

(29) Massachusetts

Capitol: Boston

Massachusetts is a state I have spent a little time in, and have many ideas to bead. Unfortunately, once again size does matter. This pin is 1" x 1/2" at its widest spot. Not much you can do with that, especially since my eyes aren't ready to use my antique size 22 seed beads again! So, I had to really work on this idea.

On the evening of April 18, 1775, Paul Revere was sent for by Dr. Joseph Warren and instructed to ride to Lexington, Massachusetts, to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock that British troops were marching to arrest them. And so began Paul Revere's famous ride. Seems like a good representation of Massachusetts. However, I'm not going to fit a horse, lantern, or Paul Revere on this workspace. Then I remembered the classic wedding gift that many of us have received... Revereware copper-bottomed pots and pans. I still have mine and use them every day!!! So, I present a copper-bottomed Massachusetts.

No comments: