Wednesday, February 6, 2013

(43) Minnesota

Capitol: St. Paul

OK, this is a weird one. My husband says this is too obscure, but this is what I think about when I think about Minnesota. So, let me try to explain.

David Lefkowitz is my husband's cousin. David is an Associate Professor of Art at Carleton College in Northfield, MN, so naturally, he is an artist. I searched David's website (http://www.davidlefkowitz.net) for a piece of art that I could represent in my project. There is lots of wonderful art on David's site, but most is much to complicated to reduce to this size. Then I found "The Best Painting of Its Kind". This painting immediately made me smile, first for its simplicity, and second because it truly is the best painting of its kind! Also, it's simplicity lent itself to beadwork.

So, I present to you, "The Best Beadwork of the Best Painting of Its Kind" (above), and "The Best Painting of Its Kind" (below).

No comments: