Monday, January 14, 2013

(33) Oklahoma

Capitol: Oklahoma City

Not a whole lot of luck finding fun facts on Oklahoma. I am in the midst of reading a book about the survivors of the dust bowl (The Worst Hard Times), and that didn't give me any happy ideas. Digging a little deeper I discovered that the National Weather Center is at the University of Oklahoma.

Thinking about weather made me think about the different seasons, so I decided to represent the four seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. I also decided to mess with different bead textures for each season. The blue in the lower right is Winter. I beaded in concentric circles, instead of a spiral like in the Arizona pin. Unfortunately, the snowflake in the middle of the design is hard to see because the white beads are too close in finish to the blue ones. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: