Saturday, January 19, 2013

(36) Delaware .

Capitol: Dover

OK, Delaware is really pushing the limits of my ability to create teeny tiny things. In this scale, Delaware is 1/2" x 1/8". C'mon!

Yes, I feel better now.

Now for a little Delaware trivia. Did you know that the log cabin originated in Finland. (Ha! you thought I was going to say Delaware didn't you!!). Finnish settlers arrived in Delaware in the mid 1600's and brought with them plans for the log cabin, one of the enduring symbols of the American pioneer. One of the cabins has been preserved and is on display at the Delaware Agricultural Museum in Dover.

Well, you certainly can't bead a log cabin on 1/2" x 1/8"!! No matter how small the beads. So, how about a pile of logs? Ooops, I also have to include the silver bead for the state capitol, which divides the state in half. Ok, two piles of logs! I know, desperate. Well, Desperate times call for desperate measures!

No comments: