Friday, April 13, 2012

(1) Colorado


Since I live in Colorado, it was the obvious first choice to bead. I actually beaded Colorado over a year ago. Back then I researched (a little) and found the following:

State Capitol: Denver

State Flower: Rocky Mountain Columbine
State Bird: Lark Bunting
State Gem: Aquamarine
State Tree: Blue Spruce
State Mineral: Rhodochrosite
State Bug: Hairstreak Butterfly

State Flag Colors: red, white, blue, yellow

State Nicknames: Centennial State, Colorful Colorado

Economy: agriculture, cattle, wheat dairy, corn, hay, tourism

Industry: blah blah blah

Waaaay too much information. That was when I decided to just go with what Colorado means to me... home, mountains, skiing, BLUE skies.

I ended up beading 3 peaks, one with our house, 1 with evergreens and aspens in Fall (aspens leaves turn yellow), and one with a ski slope.
draft

No comments: